Week 3: Project progress

For the idea of our plate, we’ve had the idea of having the plate be a pair of hands, based on a plaster hand previously made by a group member.

So to test this idea out, we spent this week making some practices moulds with twigs and plant elements coming out of it. We did this by making a mould of my hands in alginate first.

img_0523

Followed by making plaster and then pouring into the mould to set. While it was setting with also added the twigs and leaves we wanted to come out of it.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s